Why should I register more than one domain name?
If you're thinking about registering more than one domain name, you've got the right idea. Registering and using multiple domains names is great for building your business and can help you create a dynamic online identity.
If you register domains that you do not want to use you can make money on those domains by parking the domains on a server so that you make money whenever someone mis-types a domain or links to it from one of your other sites.
Domain Parking is simple way to earn money from the natural traffic of your domain names. If you have registered domain names, but they are not currently being used, then parking those domains is a great way to put those domains to work, earning you money. The unused domain is used to display relevant advertisements -every time a consumer clicks on one of the advertisements, you earn money.
Even if you are not wanting to purchase domains with the idea of making money on them there are many reasons to register domains for your business. Here are a few reasons you will want to register multiple domains:
- Keep your competition from registering a domain name that draws customers to them instead of you.
- Promote the different products and services you offer.
- Drive more traffic to your Web site.
- Enjoy more opportunities to market to--and be listed in--search engines.
- Create distinct advertising strategies that reach different target markets.
- Provide customers more ways to find you when searching the Internet.
- Capture common misspellings of your domain name, instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Protect your brand and online identity from those who may have unsavory purposes.